Keeping you safe during your stay
We are delighted to be able to welcome you back to our holiday let in Cornwall from July 4th. Being self-contained, you can safely stay at our property and enjoy a break in a socially distant manner.
However, we have had to make changes to the way we operate to keep you (and us) safe during your stay to help us be covid-secure. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Spacing out our bookings to avoid same-day changeovers – and allow more time for cleaning and preparation
- Increased cleaning regime (including wiping down of light switches, door handles and any surfaces likely to be used) with anti bacterial sprays/wipes. A copy of our cleaning checklist is available to view here
- High heat washes of bedding and towels to kill any lingering germs
- 2 new hand sanitisers; one as you enter the property and one over the kitchen sink
We love personally welcoming our guests and showing them around our quirky holiday let but we will also have to reduce this for the remainder of the season to comply with social distancing requirements. Instead, all guests will be required to use a key safe to gain access to the property. Keycode details will be emailed to all guests in advance.
If there are any issues during your stay or you have any questions we ask that you please email us on email@example.com or, if it is urgent text or call us on 07429 510046.
To comply with Government guidance, we have also had to remove some items from the Boathouse. These include trinkets, some rarely-used crockery, books, maps, magazines and DVDs. However, we will provide a list to all guests so, should you wish to borrow or use any of these items we can drop these round for you.
For guests who require the additional 2 single mattresses in the Crow’s Nest, please refer to the video here to see how to use the fold away ladder.
We will also have to ask you, our guests, to help us during these difficult and strange times. This includes removal of rubbish and recycling, wiping down surfaces and opening windows on departure. A checklist will be provided to all guests on arrival and we ask that this is completed on check-out. Again, this is to help keep everyone safe and secure. You can view this list here.
Other services you may require
Dial 111 to speak with the NHS 111 phone service, if you have any questions or health issues you want to discuss with a professional.
Helston Medical Centre has a pharmacy, which is contactable by calling 01326 561400 and there are also medical supplies available at Tesco and Sainsbury’s in Helston.
If, during your stay you are at all concerned that you may have contracted Covid-19, you must follow guidance as listed on this page here. We have also included some other useful, general guidance which we would ask all guests to familiarise themselves with ahead of their stay.
General advice from 4th July regarding what you still should not do:
– Gather indoors in groups of more than two households (your support bubble counts as one household) – this includes when dining out or going to the pub
– Gather outdoors in a group of more than six people from different households; gatherings larger than 6 should only take place if everyone is from just two households
– Interact socially with anyone outside the group you are attending a place with, even if you see other people you know, for example, in a restaurant, community centre or place of worship
– Hold or attend celebrations (such as parties) where it is difficult to maintain social distancing
stay overnight away from your home with members of more than one other household (your support bubble counts as one household)